Sourdough Discard Pancakes & Some Sourdough Facts
Sourdough Discard Pancakes
2 cups white or whole spelt flour
1 cup sourdough discard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1.5 cups milk or milk alternative
2 tbsp oil or melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup blueberries or chocolate chips (optional)
1. mix all the dry ingredients together until fully combined.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients straight into the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix well until a liquidy mixture forms. It may be a bit lumpy from the discard. That’s ok.
3. Add in blueberries or chocolate chips at the end, and gently mix to incorporate.
4. Heat up a large skillet with some butter, and get a cooking. Took me about 2-3 minutes per side, but this will vary by flame. You’ll know the pancakes are ready for flipping when little aerated bubbles start appearing.
5. Serve with toppings of choice, and enjoy!
Stores in the fridge for 2-3 days. Can also store in the freezer for up to a month.